A master’s in communications degree can help you move up the copywriting ladder from low-paying part-time positions to work with a reputable magazine or Web site. And a copywriter’s position can be fluid — you can work from home, telecommute or work in an office with other creative people. The following job boards are filled with copywriting positions available now, including sites that focus solely on copywriters to larger job boards that list copywriting jobs.
Copywriting and Writing Job Boards
- American Writers & Artists Inc.: AWAI helps people develop skills to acquire financial security, independence and freedom. As the world’s leading publisher of direct-response copywriting, travel writing, photography and graphic design home-study programs, they use tools such as this job board to do just that.
- Blogging Pro Job Board: This board is for writers of all stripes, but copy editors and copywriters can shine here. Check the menu to the right as well, where you can find other writing jobs, including online content development, blogger jobs and publishing jobs.
- Copywriter Jobs Central: Sign up to get unlimited job access and a daily jobs newsletter. Jobs include full time, freelance, part time and internships. Majority of jobs are located in larger cities, Washington DC topping the list.
- Copywriting Jobs: Copywriters all around the world now have their very own job search portals. This site plans to facilitate both ends of the industry – the ones who are seeking superior copywriting services, and the ones who have those skills and can offer those services.
- Copywriting Jobs for Copywriters in the USA: SEO copywriter Jason Pedley’s Job-a-matic copywriter job board is a comprehensive listing of copywriting, writing, editing and copyediting jobs in the US. Find a copywriter job in your state now. Jobs for website copywriters, aspiring copywriters, senior copywriters, freelancers, contractors and mid-level copywriters.
- Flexible & Telecommuting Copywriter Jobs: The opportunities at this job board can vary from full-time, part-time, freelance, and contract work; and often include job titles such as Senior Copywriter, Copywriter, and Copywriter-Online Promotions. Editors have researched and screened each job on this page.
- Get Copywriting Jobs: Join 3,563 other copywriting professionals receiving free weekly job listings to their inbox every week. Recently posted jobs include copy chief and copywriter.
- Mediabistro Copywriter Jobs: Be the first to know about new postings for copywriter positions from Mediabistro. This site is dedicated to anyone who creates or works with content, or who is a non-creative professional working in a content/creative industry.
- Sunoasis Jobs: Sunoasis Jobs uses the full power of the Web to bring job postings, leads, and links to connect you with a universe of opportunities.
- Susanna’s Online Magazine Copywriting Jobs: Award-winning journalist and freelance copywriter, Susanna K. Hutcheson, presents a job board updated frequently with new copywriting jobs.
- Elance: Memberships at this site range from free and up. Businesses searching for your skills get an immediate sense of your talent and can hire you directly from your profile, or you can apply to jobs posted by prospective clients.
- Freelance Writing: “Helping freelance writers to succeed since 1997.” Site includes a blog, contests, jobs and tutorials as well as articles on how to succeed as a freelance writers.
- Freelanced Copywriting Jobs: Copywriting job requests on this site range from Web content to magazines and from proofreaders to song writers. Some jobs are freelance, others may request on-site copywriting services.
- Guru: Designed to service all types of freelancers, Guru offers free as well as paid memberships. Guru also takes a commission upon payment.
- WOW! Women On Writing: Freelance Job Board: This freelance job board is updated daily with the latest telecommute and freelance jobs for writers, bloggers, editors, journalists, copywriters, ghostwriters, journalists, and even fiction writers.
- Writerlance: There is no sign-up fee and no monthly fee, but you are required to pay a commission on each project you win a bid on. The commission is three percent of your bid or $3.00, whichever is greater. You get a $1 sign-up bonus when you register on the site.
Larger, Yet Viable Copywriting Job Boards
- Careerbuilder Copywriter Jobs: CareerBuilder offers a vast online and print network to help job seekers connect with employers. CareerBuilder.com powers the career sites for more than 9,000 Web sites, including 140 newspapers and broadband portals such as MSN and AOL.
- Glassdoor Copywriter Jobs: Glassdoor is the only job search with a view from the inside. Currently, 2,781 copywriter jobs are posted, including company salaries, reviews, and more posted by employees.
- Indeed Copywriter Jobs: One of the most visited sites for job searches, this site also allows browsing by mobile device. This link leads directly to all copywriting positions available.
- Local Copywriting Job Postings: Locate Copywriting Jobs is a niche job board dedicated exclusively to copywriting jobs. The site is a member of the Locate Jobs Network, a network of highly-targeted, niche job sites covering a broad array of industries and employment fields.
- Monster Copywriter Jobs: Monster Jobs has been around a long time, and their jobs are easy to search. This link leads directly to all the copywriting jobs listed at this job search engine.
- Onward Search Copywriting Jobs: This search engine focuses on Internet marketing staffing, to help connect the most talented Internet marketing, interactive design and mobile application development professionals in the country with the nation’s best companies.
- Oodle Copywriter Jobs and Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations Jobs: This community job site carries copywriting jobs listed in various venues across the country. A wide variety of jobs are listed, including Web copywriter, SEO body copy, advertising copy with USA Today and more.
- Simply Hired Copywriter Jobs: Search thousands of job boards and company career sites all in one place through Simply Hired. This link leads directly to copywriting jobs.
- WritingCrossing Copy Writer Jobs: Through collaborative research and working harmoniously with many people, WritingCrossing is able put these jobs in one place and give you the ability to see a variety of jobs you would not see elsewhere.