A student at computer science develops the instructions and languages which are used for operations. They also sort out problems as existed with computer programs with logical reasoning and tests existed within them. And this also happens to be very exciting and lucrative career objective for the students. Here are provided some basic facts related to the career in computer science.
- A person in computer science is also known from the two different streams like software programmers and application developers. And nature of both of the jobs is quite different from each other too. Software programmers are only related of development phase of programming whereas application developers are entrusted with task for entire process from planning through debugging and updates.
- Technically speaking, a degree is not required to be a computer programmer. You simply need to know how to write code and how to work with client requirements. In reality, most companies want to see someone with a college education, however. While you can enter the field without a degree, you may have a harder time finding a job. Instead you should at least take a few programming courses at a local college before you begin looking for a job. A portfolio also is required for many computer programming jobs. Putting together this portfolio is something you can do with class assignments in college, or you can put together your own programs to show potential employers.
- The field of computer science has a massive career potential as according to the report of The Bureau of Labor Statistics the median salary of computer programmer in 2009 was $65,000 annually. And most of them within first year of their job break away this path.
- However, field of computer science is not for every one as the field is based upon logic and mathematical calculations, therefore, a person having a problem with logic statements and word statements should not go into the career of computer science. Though lucrative salaries attract persons towards this career still they should not go for it to avoid later on complications if they have any aptitude for the career.
- Being into a computer science you are very valuable to a company in saving companies money. They are in the companies to make system efficient, they can even decrease processes to a single day that otherwise would be six day long if done manually. And present day life our many routine jobs are dependent on computer software and programs even like reserving a rail ticket or buying a grocery online.
- The biggest benefit of being in job of computer science is that you are counted among the jobs for and benefits of white collar jobs. A computer programmer is treated as a respected being in one’s office. The job generally has benefits like as vacation, retirement plans, insurance and for well qualified programmers there is no dearth of offers and opportunities.
- As referred from the analysis of National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) student of computer science can have starting salaries as much as up to an average of $51, 070. According to the data of The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) the salaries at different levels in computer sciences varies accordingly. With doctoral degree in computer science it is $93, 050, with bachelor degrees it is $50, 820, in computer system analysis it is $46, 189 and in management information systems it is $44,417.